Crispy Apple Fritters
This recipe makes about 24 fritters.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Apples-peeled, cored, halved, each half cut into 4 equal wedges
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Canola Oil as Needed for Frying
- Cinnamon Sugar or Powdered Sugar to coat fritters after frying
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients into large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Now, pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk gently just to combine. Cover and let batter chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile peel and cut your apples.
- To fry the fritters, heat a pot no more than halfway filled with canola oil to 350ºf. Dip the apple wedges into the fritter batter, pull out and let some excess batter drip back into the bowl, and one at time dredge thoroughly in the panko bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Fry in small batches of only 3 fritters at a time for about 2 minutes or until medium golden brown. Drain briefly and coat with either cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com