This recipe serves four.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 Tsp. chipotle pepper puree
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest, removed and chopped,reserve juice for salsa
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, small diced
- 1 Cup cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, small diced
- 3 Tbsp. sweet onions, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped finely
- ¼ Cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste, added to salsa at last moment
- Marinate the pork with the chipotle, lime zest, and vegetable oil for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator or overnight. Grill until an internal doneness of 145° f. Serve with salsa (procedure below)
- Combine all remaining ingredients in bowl, adding the salt and black pepper just before serving to avoid removing the water from the fruit and vegetable. Divide the salsa onto four serving plates, top with the grilled pork. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.