Leftover Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 lb. cooked turkey meat, cut into thin strips
- 8 lettuce leaves (Bibb, Romaine, etc., washed, dried)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Asian rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro leaves - rough chopped or torn
- For garnish: lime wedges
- Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and the onions. Cook for 2 minutes, but do not brown. Add the sweet chili sauce and vinegar, whisk until smooth. Add the turkey, stir to coat with the sauce and to heat through.
- To assemble, lay the lettuce leaves out. Divide the rice and shredded carrots among the leaves. Top with the hot turkey mixture and roll up and enjoy served with lime wedges.
Lincoln Culinary Institute: www.lincolnculinary.com.