Lemon Crusted Icelandic Cod
Max Downtown's Icelandic Cod
This recipe serves 4.
- 4 6-ounce portions of Cod
- White beans, preferably soaked in cold water overnight, cooked in vegetable mirepoix and water until tender. Reserve some of bean liquid
- 12 olives, sliced (can use Kalamata olives, picholine or castelvantrano_
- 1 head of escarole, washed, and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Chopped herbs
- 2 artichokes, cleaned, and steamed
- ½ each onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 orange zest and juice
- Salt and pepper
- Sweat out onion in butter over low-to-medium heat until tender.
- Add white wine, artichokes, citrus zest and juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Place in blender, puree till smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste, as needed.
- Reserve hot
- Combine all ingredients together
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauce pot, combine beans, olives, roasted garlic, tomatoes, and escarole and some of the bean liquid, season with salt and pepper
- Season cod with salt and pepper, heat large sauté pan with oil, sear fish in a pan, place in oven for six minutes, flip fish, top with crust, and place in oven for four minutes
- Place sauce on plate, top with bean ragout, place fish on top, drizzle extra virgin olive oil around plate.