This recipe serves four.
- 1 Stick Best Quality Salted Butter-preferably European style butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves-peeled and crushed
- 4 Basil Leaves-bruised
- 2 Perfect Beefsteak Style Tomatoes or any variety
- 1 Cup Fresh Green Beans-trimmed of stem end
- As Needed Maldon Flake Style Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan until just beginning to boil. Add the garlic and basil, cover and remove from the heat. Let flavors steep for 15 minutes and then strain out the garlic and basil. Reserve warm.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Have a bowl of ice and water nearby. Gently remove the core from the tomatoes and on the opposite side make a shallow incision through the skin, an x pattern, about 2” wide. Place the tomatoes, one at a time in the boiling water and let boil for only 10-15 seconds just to loosen the skin. Immediately plunge the tomato in the ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool only 5 seconds, remove the tomato and peel or rub off the skin. Repeat with the other tomato. Slice each tomato into 4 slices and place 2 slices on each of four salad plates.
- Return the pot of water to a fierce boil and add the green beans, keeping the water boiling. Do not cook with a lid. Cook for 1-3 minutes depending on size or until tender-crisp. Gently drain and immediately place on top of the tomato slices on the plate.
- Finish by drizzling 2 Tbsp. of the reserved butter mixture over each plate of green beans and tomatoes. Finish with a gentle sprinkle of the flake style sea salt. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.