Oven Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries with Garlic-Black Pepper Aioli
You can make Chef Jamie Roraback's oven-roasted fingerling potato fries with garlic-black pepper aioli at home.
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, washed, patted dry, cut in half or quarter lengthwise
- ¼ cup extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, place in warm water for 5 minutes to come to room temperature
- 2 Tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place cut potatoes in a bowl and toss with the extra virgin olive oil, seasoning generously to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cut side is deep golden. Meanwhile prepare aioli dipping sauce.
- Using the bowl of a small food processor, add the egg, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Place top on and turn machine on to whip.
- With the machine running, gradually and very slowly drizzle in the oil until all the oil is added. Transfer to a container and chill promptly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with oven roasted fries. Enjoy!
Chef Jamie Roraback is from the Lincoln Culinary Institute