This recipe serves four.
- 1 ½ Cups Diced Tomatoes-cut in 1” pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Country Bread Slices-sliced about ½” thick
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves-peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 Basil Leaves-cut into chiffonade, or torn into pieces
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400f. Toss the tomatoes with the first measure of olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes shrink and some of the water is removed. Let cool, reserve.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with the olive oil. Season the top side with salt and black pepper. Bake in the oven until light golden and moderately crisp. When out of the oven rub each bread slice with the cut side of the garlic clove halves back and forth so the garlic melts into the bread.
- Spread each bread slice with some of the roasted tomatoes, and sprinkle with the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.