Pan Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
Makes four to six portions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok and add the sliced onions.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower florets and a pinch of the salt.
- Mix and cook for one minute.
- Pour in a tablespoon or two of water and stir every once on a while until light browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and a bit more salt and water.
- Stir well to mix it all in.
- Cook over medium heat, adding water as needed to cook vegetables until lightly browned and still a bit crisp.
- Add the lemon juice and a bit more salted if needed.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.