Makes 1- 9” Cake Pan
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
¼ cup Sugar
1 ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
4 tbsp. Butter-melted
1 ½ lb. Cream Cheese-softened to room temperature
1 cup Sugar
¼ cup All Purpose Flour
1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Salt
1 ¼ cups Canned Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºf.
- Combine the graham crumbs, sugar, ginger and melted butter until evenly mixed.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8” cake pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray and a parchment circle has been placed on the bottom.
- To make the filling, cream the cheese and sugar together until very smooth.
- Sift together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and again mix until very smooth, scraping down with a rubber scraper.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, vanilla, and eggs.
- Gradually add this to the cheese mixture gradually, scraping down the bowl often.
- Mix until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake in a shallow water bath for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool thoroughly before un molding and serving.