- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup will-rinsed quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chick broth
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large sauté pan over moderate heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the garlic and shrimp, alone with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Do not clean pan.
- In the same sauté pan, over moderate heat, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, peas, corn, and tomato and cook until the quinoa is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp and gently stir to combine.
- Add the Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot!
Nutritional information: 317 calories; 21g protein; 30g carbohydrates; 12g fat (2.6g saturated fat); 383mg sodium