Makes about three cups.
- 1 cup of red wine, any favorite
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pint mixed summer berries
- Bring the red wine up to a gentle boil. Add the sugar, stir and cook briefly until sugar is dissolved. Add the cold water, orange juice and lemon juice. Stir.
- Pour the mixture out into a shallow pan or two. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place in the freezer for at least four hours or overnight to freeze fully.
- When ready to serve, scrape the mixture with a stiff spoon or ice cream scoop until it is a granular consistency. Serve in chilled glasses and top with the summer berries. Enjoy!
Chef Jamie Roraback is with the Lincoln Culinary Institute.