- 4 Butternut Squash Slices-peeled, about 1” thick
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Chipotle Pepper Puree-or add to personal taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce -dressed lightly with your favorite vinaigrette
- 4 Sandwich Rolls-toasted
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°f. Lay butternut squash on a cookie sheet and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, and flip over and roast another 20 minutes or until the squash has caramelized and is tender through to the center. Reserve.
- Prepare the spread by whisking together the mayonnaise and pepper puree. Season to taste.
- To assemble the sandwich, lay out the toasted buns, spread with the chipotle mayonnaise, add lettuce and with the the squash “burger” and place the bun top on. Enjoy!
Visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page for more.