- 4 beets, medium size, tops removed, washed
- 20 thin asparagus spears
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups salad greens, any favorite
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place the washed beets in a well sealed foil package, place on cookie sheet and roast in the oven for about an hour or until tender. Let cool, peel and slice the beets to your desired thickness.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a full boil, salt lightly, and blanch the asparagus in small batches of 5 spears each. Boil for about 30 seconds just to make slightly tender. Shock by placing in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain from ice water and reserve for salad.
- To make dressing, whisk together the vinegar and pomegranate molasses. Gradually drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the greens, beets, asparagus and blue cheese in a bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.
Lincoln Culinary Institute: www.lincolnculinary.com