Makes 6-8 portions.
- 6 boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 tbsp. chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 large sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
In the pot of a 3.5 quart slow cooker, place the six boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a single layer.
Next, arrange the 12 fennel wedges on top of the chicken.
Then top with the chopped Kalamata olives and chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Pour in the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, red wine and Worcestershire sauce.
Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
Place on the pot low and cook for 8 hours.
Serve with steamed rice and a green salad.