Wild Garlic Mustard Green Pesto with Pasta
Chef Jamie Roraback helps you kick up tonight's pasta dish with wild mustard greens leaves and garlic.
Makes four servings
- ½ pounds of pasta, any favorite variety
- 3 cups wild garlic mustard greens leaves, firmly packed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring three quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, stir and cook according to the box directions. When the pasta is nearly finished, let it settle to the bottom of the pot and lay the wild garlic mustard leaves into the water only for 10 seconds to wilt.
- Skim the wilted greens out, drain briefly, and place them in a blender with the garlic and olive oil.
- Puree fully, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta well and coat to your liking with the mustard greens puree.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese to taste.