- 5 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 cup egg noodels
- 1 cup carrots - peeled, diced ½”
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. mixed fresh herbs, chopped fine (flat parsley, tarragon, chives, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to a near boil in a wider saucepan, and add the chicken breasts. The chicken broth should be deep enough to cover chicken legs, and allow the legs to be laid in the pan in one single layer. Cover and barely simmer the liquid for about 12 minutes. Remove chicken reserving the broth in the pan, and check for doneness. Using a thermometer inserted at the thickest point it should read 165ºF, or make a small slit in the thickest point and look for no pink. Place each chicken leg in a wide soup plate and cover to keep warm and moist.
- Bring the reserved broth to a full boil, add the egg noodles and carrots. Boil rapidly without a cover to allow the liquid to reduce a bit and get thicker. When noodles and carrots are tender, add the peas ,fresh herbs, and butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the sauce, noodles and vegetables over the chicken and garnish with fresh herb sprigs. Enjoy!