Celebrating National Mentoring Month January 2021

11 photos
1/11
Kimberly Malan, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Special Olympics Glastonbury) would like to thank her sister-in-law, Emily Malan. Kimberly says, “Emily encourages me to try new things and she spends time with me when I need support or help especially when I’m working on my speeches for global messaging.”
2/11
Karla Ferrer, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Special Olympics West Hartford) would like to thank Rachel Lindstrom. Karla says, “Rachel has been my mentor for a long time. She supports me with Special Olympics. She went on the Superman roller coaster with me. Rachel is funny!”
3/11
Ashley Lavoie, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Special Olympics West Hartford) would like to thank her brother, Nick Paul. She says, “My brother is a police officer, and believes in what he does to serve and protect the community. And I am especially proud of him. He is very proud of who I am, and supports me in all of my Special Olympics.”
4/11
Angie D'Amico, Special Olympics Connecticut Athlete (Special Olympics Cheshire), Global Messenger and Staff Member would like to thank Mackenzie Spooner. Angie says “Mackenzie Spooner is my soccer coach, friend, sister. She has always been there for me through thick and thin. She is a big helper and she always runs the Torch Run with me every year and she always go to the Law Enforcement Torch Run kick off (event) with me. I am very thankful that I have her in my life and in my family circle.”
5/11
Abby Snyder, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Quinebaug Valley) would like to thank Laurice Borders (in photo on the right). Abby says,"[Laurice] has taught me how to live on my own and how to be a better bowler."
6/11
Nick Sinacori, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Simsbury)
would like to thank Annie Pyatt. He says, “Annie has been a great mentor because she has helped me along the way to grow as a person and has taught me to help others. She is kind, patient and a true friend. I have learned so much from her and have had so much fun with her doing all the special Olympics and Unified activities.”
7/11
Raishaun Holloway, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (West Hartford)
Would like to thank Katie Barber. He says, “I am thankful for having Katie Barber as my mentor because she been there for me since day one and she helps out a lot with the team. She is the best.”
8/11
Chris Piotrowski, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Special Olympics Greater Middletown) would like to thank Hannah Pakech. He says, "I am thankful for (Hannah) being the best person, and we got the gold medal in my Unified tennis tournament.”
9/11
Logan Rosenberg, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Allied Enfield Stars) would like to thank Michael Vignone. She says, “He pushes me to reach my goals. We lost a friend/athlete last year and he was the one that helped all of us get through our sadness. Michael is always there for me, he encourages me to try different things. He is definitely a very special friend and mentor."
10/11
Alison Smith, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics CT (Shelton), would like to thank her dad. She says, “He is my long jump coach, my bowling unified partner and my global messenger speech coach. I want to thank him for all he does for me, and for making me feel so special.”
11/11
Justin Riker, Athlete and Global Messenger with Special Olympics Connecticut (Wethersfield), would like to thank Richard Scopetto. They have known each other as coach and teammate for the past 22 years. Justin says, “Coach Sco gave me an athlete leadership role to lead our Basketball team in various activities and skills at the beginning of every practice.”
Contact Us