NBC Connecticut is connecting you with a cool way to give back to the community.
We’re “Freezin' For A Reason” at the 2019 Penguin Plunge, supporting Special Olympics of Connecticut!
Join us Sunday, February 10 at Winding Trails in Farmington. The Penguin Plunge benefits Special Olympics Connecticut, which provides those with disabilities the opportunity to participate in sports and competitions year round.
Participants in the Penguin Plunge must be 8 years or older and raise $100. Your support provides funding for more than 12,000 athletes of all ages that take part in Special Olympics throughout the world.
If you can’t make it to Farmington, there are Penguin Plunges across the state:
- Polish Falcons Club at Crystal Lake in Middletown – Saturday, March 2
- Winsted Plunge at Highland Lake in Winsted – Saturday, March 2
- Shoreline Plunge at Ocean Beach Park in New London – Sunday, March 3
- Patriot’s Park in Coventry – Saturday, March 30
- Great Hollow Lake in Monroe – Saturday, April 6
- Jennings Beach in Fairfield – Saturday, April 6
Interested in taking the Plunge? Click here for more information.