Broccoli Fajitas with Cashew Peanut Vinaigrette
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb broccoli, stems peeled and cut into long spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely diced
Spicy Orange Salsa (for the bottom)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (more for garnish, and save orange to make serving wedges)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon aji amarillo paste
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
Cashew-Peanut Vinaigrette (for the top)
- ¼ cup (35g) cashews, roughly chopped, raw and unsalted
- ¼ cup (35g) peanuts roughly chopped raw and unsalted peanuts
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 to 6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 6 to 8 Orange wedges (from the same orange)
1- Prepare the Broccoli: Pre-heat the oven to 375˚F. Cut the broccoli and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast until cooked and crunchy, flipping the broccoli once half during roasting time, about 20 minutes total.
2- Prepare the Cashew Peanut Vinaigrette: in a small saucepan, combine the nuts, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt and cook, stirring constantly (don't go anywhere!) over medium heat until the nuts are toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let them cool completely.
3- Place the lime juice in a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly to create an emulsion. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then add the nuts and any accumulated juices from the plate. Add the cilantro.
4- Prepare the Spicy Orange Salsa: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
5- Assemble: To serve, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Working one at a time, cook the tortillas just until warmed through, transfer to plates. Spread the tortillas with Spicy Orange Salsa, arrange some broccolis over. Top with the Cashew Peanut Vinaigrette and cilantro. Sprinkle some orange zest and serve with orange wedges.