Corn and Bacon Pasta
- 1 pound ditalini pasta - cooked in boiling salted water and drained
- 1.5 cups reserved pasta cooking water
- 6 ears corn cut off the cob
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until cooked about 10 minutes. Before straining remove 1.5 cups of pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and let rest in the colander. In a large pot add the corn and chopped bacon and cook over medium high heat. Cook for about 7 minutes or until bacon and corn begins to caramelize. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese and honey. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste. Garnish with parsley.
Makes 8-10 servings.