Chocolate lovers who headed to New London last night could get a golden ticket that could be used at local businesses and maybe a night out at Foxwoods Casino.
Eat in the Street was is a chocolate-themed candy night, including candy cocktails.
Restaurants that took part offered a chocolate-themed food menu.
Customers who spent $25 at a participating business received a chocolate bar. If it has a golden ticket, the recipient can turn it in for gift certificates to local businesses and all the golden tickets will go into a drawing for a limo ride to Foxwoods for an overnight stay and dinner for two.
During Eat in the Street, Bank Street is closed from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and no parking will be enforced beginning at 3 p.m. Drivers will be detoured up Tilley Street to avoid the Bank Street closure.
Eat in the Street Businesses:
- Studio 33: a 15 percent off sale, on anything yellow on June 2.
- Flavours of Life handed out chocolate bars to everyone who bought $25 worth of items. Organic fair-trade chocolate bars were 20 percent off.
- Noodles and Rice served chocolate margaritas.
- The Draft Choice offered a cherry chocolate old-fashioned themed cocktail and their themed menu item was a candied jalapeño quesadilla appetizer.
Stories from NBCLX
LX, or Local X stands, for the exponential possibilities of storytelling in our communities.
Future Eat in the Street Events:
- July 7: “Celebrating the Summer with Pirates.” Fireworks will be held.
- Aug. 4: “Locally Sourced: Food, Art & Music.” Fireworks will be held.
- Sept. 1: “Celebrating Latin Heritage Month.”