“Classroom Hero of the Month” Sweepstakes
February 18, 2009 – January 31, 2010
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void outside the WVIT NBC 30 (“NBC 30”) terrestrial geographic viewing area and where prohibited. The Classroom Hero of the Month Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on February 18, 2009 at 6:00 am ET and end on January 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). All times in this Sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time (“ET”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents who are physically located in the NBC30 terrestrial geographic viewing area in the counties of Hartford, New Haven, Litchfield, Middlesex, Tolland, Windham, and New London in the state of Connecticut, and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period. Officers, directors, and employees of Sweepstakes Entities, members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities, as referenced herein, shall include Sponsors (as defined below) and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period access the NBC30 website at www.NBCConnecticut.com, and search for the keywords “Classroom Hero of the Month.” Click on the Sweepstakes icon, and follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the registration form, which includes the name and school of a teacher (the “nominee”), a brief description of the nominee in no more than two hundred (200) words, entrant’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information. The nominee and nominator must not be the same person. The winner will be the nominee not the nominator. You must have the permission of the nominee to enter their name in this Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of NBC Universal, Inc., 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, NBC 30, 1422 New Britain Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110, and Pilgrim Furniture City, 55 Graham Place, Southington, CT 06489 and 1755 Boston Post Rd, Milford, CT 06460 (collectively, “Sponsors”) and will not be acknowledged. Entries must be received before the applicable drawing date listed below to be eligible for the applicable drawing. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on January 31, 2010 to be eligible for the final drawing. Sponsors’ computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. You may enter only once per month and no more than eight (8) times total during the entire during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address beyond this limit will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or unintelligible for any reason including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who made a potentially winning entry, Sponsors reserve the right to deem that the entry was made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, school, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing by employees of NBC30 from all valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about each of the following dates: March 2, 2009, April 1, 2009, May 1, 2009, June 1, 2009, November 2, 2009, December 1, 2009, January 1, 2010, and February 1, 2010. The potential Winner will be the nominee associated with the randomly selected entry. There will be no potential Winners selected in July, August or September during the Sweepstakes Period. Any Entries received in July, August or September during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the drawing to be held on or about November 2, 2009. Sponsors will make two (2) attempts to notify potential Winners at the phone number and/or email address submitted at the time of entry. Potential Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Sweepstakes Documents”) within five (5) days of notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and, at Sponsors’ discretion, and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If potential Winner cannot be reached, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential Winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries for the applicable month during the Sweepstakes Period. Non-winning entries from one drawing will not roll over to the next. Limit one (1) prize per family or household.
5. PRIZE: There will be eight (8) prizes (each a “Prize”) awarded, each consisting of: one (1) recliner from Pilgrim Furniture City to be chosen by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is five hundred dollars ($500). ARV of all Prizes is four thousand dollars ($4,000) All details of Prize, including color and style of recliner, will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar Prize of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors. Prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the item detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winner. If Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsors, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting an alternate Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Pilgrim Furniture City will deliver Prize to Winner’s school on specified date mutually agreed upon by Winner and Sponsor.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or his or her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of Prize, or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by the Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on www.NBCConnecticut.com and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness in any and all media now or hereafter known. throughout the world in perpetuity. Without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Sweepstakes or permanently disqualify any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or operation of the Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsors, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at www.NBCConnecticut.com. Sponsors may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
8. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
For the names of the winners, available after February 15, 2010, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 15, 2010 to: “Classroom Hero of the Month” Winner List, c/o NBC30, 1422 New Britain Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110.
Rules and Regulations
“Classroom Hero of the Month” Sweepstakes