Seems everyone wants to be a part of this historic day, even if they can't actually make it to Washington.
Stuck at work for Inauguration Day? You'll be able to watch live streaming video of all the events right here on NBCConnecticut.com all day long. And we'll have complete coverage with pictures, stories and videos from the festivities.
But if you're free, why not watch this larger than life event in a larger than life venue?!
- New Haven: Criterion Cinemas (in HD), 86 Temple Street, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Hartford: The XL Center (on 6 large video boards), Trumbull Street, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Hartford: Real Art Ways, 56 Arbor Street, 11 a.m.
- Hartford: Cinestudio at Trinity College, 300 Summit Street, 10 a.m.
- Bethel: Bethel Cinema, 269 Greenwood Ave, 10 a.m.
If you can't make it to one of the official inaugural balls in Washington, you can still celebrate locally.
- New Haven's Inaugural Ball: For as little as $25, you can join their festivities, which include live music, sweets and treats and dancing. Just don't expect the Obamas to drop by. Click here for details.
- Avon Old Farms Inn: From 7 p.m. to midnight, you can enjoy a sampling of by-then-President Obama's favorite foods. $50, and reservations are required.
- Madison: A new shoreline spa, You Only Live Once Live Beautifully, is hosting a bash beginning at 7:30 p.m. at Cafe Allegre. The poltiically inspired menu includes Democratatuille, Chimichangas We Can Believe In, Yes We Cantaloupe and Barack Berry Fruit Salad, Baby Barack Ribs, Chicago-style Bruscetta, As American As Apple Pie, to name a few. $40 donation is requested.
Know of an event we missed? Click here to e-mail us.