Police Arrest Teens Accused of Attacking Stamford School Administrator


Police have arrested three Stamford Academy students accused of attacking a 64-year-old Stamford High School administrator on the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 11.

Police said the unprovoked and brutal attack happened in the area of 125 Prospect St. just before noon as the victim was on his lunch break.

As police investigated, they learned that the victim had been at the For Your Convenience Store on Prospect Street at the same time as three of the suspects.

As three teenage boys were leaving the store, another teen joined them and they followed the victim.

One of the youths coerced a 275-pound 15-year-old boy to slam the victim to the ground, threatening to reveal unflattering information about the teen, police said.

The teen picked the victim up, slammed him to the ground and the other teens punched the victim in the face several times, police said.

The victim sustained multiple fractures to his neck, back and left arm. He was taken to Stamford Hospital, where he was admitted. On Feb. 13 he underwent surgery and was released on Feb. 17.

The Stamford Detective Bureau was notified, immediately started canvassing the area, secured several surveillance tapes of the area and found one showing the four suspects running west on North Street and into the side entrance of Stamford Academy, police said.

On Feb. 13, a witness provided detectives with a statement and officers identified a 15-year-old Bridgeport boy suspected in the attack. He was arrested on Feb. 13.

Over the weekend, police obtained more information and identified the other teens suspected as a 15-year-old Stamford boy and a 16-year-old Port Chester, New York boy. All three are students at Stamford Academy.

All three were charged with first-degree assault on an elderly person, conspiracy and breach of peace.

Police also arrest charged the 16-year-old Port Chester teen with coercion.

All three were taken to the Bridgeport Detention Center. This investigation is open and more arrests are possible.

Police said this is a different group of students who were involved in a separate attack in December.

Contact Us