New Britain's Urban Oaks Organic Farm is partnering with Rizzuto's Wood-Fired Kitchen and Bar to host a Harvest Supper on August 31. The evening is being organized by resto owner Bill Rizzuto, who envisions a dinner under the stars surrounded by vibrant fruits and vegetables, tents and live music. Space is limited, and tickets are currently available here for $85. Rizzuto's Executive Chef Tony Camilleri has already revealed a five-course menu for the event, which kicks off at 6 p.m. with an hors d'oeuvre-laden meet-and-greet:
Grassy Field Reception: Tuna carpaccio with French breakfast radish and sorrel, grilled asparagus with watermelon and duck prosciutto, petite lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes stuffed with house-made ricotta and fresh figs with gorgonzola cremificato.
- Baby lettuce, petite summer vegetables, extra virgin olive oil and red grape verjus.
- Crispy pork belly confit, house-made stone fruit mostarda.
- Diver sea scallops with extra virgin olive oil, braised fennel, prosciutto di parma, caramelized orange viniagrette, cerignola olives.
- All-natural beef rib-eye served two ways: Barolo-braised with mushrooms over a wood fire or roasted with truffle potatoes and braised greens.
- Local artisan cheeses, lemon chiffon cake with opal basil mousse and a chilled watermelon prosecco shooter.
Urban Oaks Farm is located 225 Oak Street in New Britain.