Governors from multiple states in the northeast announced their appointees for a multi-state council that will get people back to work and restore the economy amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Governors from Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island released their appointees on Sunday.
The appointees include a health expert, an economic development expert and a respective chief of staff from each state, officials said.
Here are the appointees from each state that will serve on the regional, multi-state council:
- Dr. Albert Ko, Professor of Epidemiology and Medicine and Department Chair at Yale School of Public Health
- Indra Nooyi, Co-chair of the non-profit organization AdvanceCT and former chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
- Paul Mounds Jr., Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor Ned Lamont
- Dr. Kara Odom Walker, Secretary for the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Kurt Foreman, President and CEO of the Delaware Prosperity Partnership
- Sheila Grant, Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor John Carney
- Lauren Peters, Undersecretary at the Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Michael Kennealy, Secretary of the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- Kristen Lepore, Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor Charlie Baker
- Dr. Richard Besser, Presdient and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and former acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jeh Johnson, Former Secretary of Homeland Security under President Barack Obama
- George Helmy, Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor Phil Murphy
- Michael Dowling, President and CEO of Northwell Health
- Robert Mujica, Directer of the NYS Division of the Budget
- Melissa DeRosa, Secretary to Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of the Department of Health
- Dennis Davin, Secretary of the Department of Community and Economic Development
- Michael Brunelle, Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor Tom Wolf
- Nicole Alexander-Scott, MD, MPH, Director of the Rhode Island Department of Public Health
- Stefan Pryor, Rhode Island Commerce Secretary
- David Ortiz, Chief of Staff for the Office of Governor Gina Raimondo
Governor Ned Lamont stressed that this multi-state council is different from the Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group.
The Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group is a localized, Connecticut-panel of health, business and education experts that consult with Gov. Lamont's administration and the state's legislative leaders on re-opening the economy, according to Lamont.
The members who will serve on the Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group will be announced in the coming days, Lamont added.