1 Hurt in Gas Fireplace Explosion in Norwalk

A Norwalk resident was taken to the hospital Monday after being struck by broken glass during a gas fireplace explosion, according to police.

Norwalk police, firefighters and medics were called to a home on Knobhill Road on Monday evening when the fireplace exploded, police said.

One resident was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Police said the explosion did not cause a fire. No one else was hurt.

Contact Us