2 Hospitalized in Manchester Inn Fire - NBC Connecticut

2 Hospitalized in Manchester Inn Fire

One man was staying in the room and his hands and arm were burned. He was treated at the scene and transported to the hospital.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two people were taken to Manchester Memorial Hospital after a fire at Manchester Inn.

    Firefighters said there was heavy fire in room 114 of the motel at 100 East Center St. when they arrived around 4:30 a.m

    One man was staying in the room and his hands and arm were burned. He was treated at the scene and transported to the hospital.

    The man in the room suffered smoke inhalation and was also taken to the hospital.

    All 38 guests were evacuated and brought to office space and firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 10 minutes.

    Officials said many of the guests were scheduled to stay for one to three nights and there were six "long-term" rentals.

    There was extensive damage to room 114. The fire was contained to that one room, but there was smoke damage to 10 to 12 units, officials said.

    All guest rooms had working smoke detectors, fire officials said.