2 UConn Students to Hospital Following Chemical Spill

Two students were taken to the hospital for an evaluation following a chemical spill inside a UConn engineering lab Sunday evening, according to university fire officials.

The students were working with a combination of ammonia and sulfuric acid when about a cup of the mixture spilled at the Engineering II building at 260 Glenbrook Road, said UConn Fire Chief John Mancini. Fire officials responded to the scene around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.

Both students evacuated following the spill and were taken to the hospital as a precaution, Mancini said.

The scene was clear by 7 p.m.

Contact Us