4 Detained After School Lockdown in Stratford


Four people have been detained and charged after a lockdown at David Wooster Middle School in Stratford.

Stratford Officers responded to the school, located at 150 Lincoln Street, around noon  after a someone reported seeing a person behind the school with a rifle.

Officers at the scene located four individuals who were in the woods, two of which had rifles.

Upon investigation, the officers discovered that two of the individuals Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} Chukwuemeke Onyerikwu (age 19) of Stratford and Oladipupo Sule, 19, of Bridgeport were armed with high power pellet rifles.  The rifles were designed and hunting small game. 

The other two parties, Joel Albornoz , 20, of Stratford and Ghalib Sanni, 20,of Bridgeport had air soft handguns, which are designed to fire plastic pellets. 

The four individuals were taken into custody and charged with carrying a dangerous weapon and breach of peace and reckless endangerment.

They were also charged with dangerous activity, possession of an air gun and weapon possession in a recreational area which are town ordinances.

According to Stratford Police, it did not appear that the four were on school property to cause any harm to the students or faculty. All four will appear in Bridgeport Superior Court on January 18.

The school went into lockdown as a result of the incident and was cleared after officers conducted a search of the woods.

The Stratford Board of Education posted a statement on its website just after 1 p.m.: "There was a lock down early this afternoon at Wooster Middle School, the police had been called and are in control of the situation.  There is no danger to the students or staff."

School officials said the lockdown went smoothly and coincidentally happened after the school held three assemblies this morning to review lockdown procedures.

School officials sent a letter home informing parents of what happened.

Contact Us