4 Firefighters Treated for Smoke Inhalation After Fire in Stratford

Four firefighters are being treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a home in Stratford early Tuesday morning. 

Firefighters responded to 361 Canaan Road after a call came in around midnight and fire officials said the fire started in the back of the three-story home. 

Six people from three families were inside when the fire started and they were all able to get out. No one was injured and a cat was saved, fire officials said. 

Four firefighters were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and are expected to be OK. 

Residents told firefighters that they were using a charcoal grill last night. 

Most of the damage to the house is on the second and third floors. 

The American Red Cross is working to assist the displaced families with getting shelter. 

Contact Us