4 Portland High School Students Sickened After Vaping: Superintendent

Some students at Portland High School were sickened after vaping on Tuesday, according to the Superintendent of Schools.

Superintendent of Schools Philip B. O'Reilly said four students fell ill after reportedly vaping in the boys' bathroom on Tuesday afternoon.

Out of an abundance of caution, emergency medical personnel were called to the school and medical professionals are evaluating all four, he said.

The students were sent to the hospital. No serious injuries were reported, officials said. 

O'Reilly said the administration plans to thoroughly investigate the matter and will address the incident in accordance with Board of Education policy.

Contact Us