Four teens will face new charges, including felony murder, in the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old Enfield man earlier this month, according to police.
Police have obtained arrest warrants for four teens, aged 16, 17 and 18. The 16-year-old is believed to have pulled the trigger.
The suspects, first taken into custody the night Jonathan Torres was shot and killed on Prospect Street, were previously charged with the theft of a motor vehicle and weapons offenses, police said.
They were apprehended in Windsor within half an hour of the shooting and will be formally charged Friday, police said.
The two 18-year-old suspects have been identified as Takai T. Brown, of Bridgeport, and Cheyenne Concepcion, of Enfield.
All four teens will be charged with felony murder, first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit second-degree larceny.
The 16- and 17-year-old suspects will also be charged with theft of a firearm, according to police. They have been held at a juvenile detention facility in Hartford.
The teens are accused of driving a stolen car to the scene. Police said Brown was behind the wheel.
The day after the shooting, Brown and Concepcion were charged with third-degree larceny, carrying a pistol without a permit and carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle.
Police said detectives obtained seven search warrants to examine property and DNA, which helped them link the teens to the crime.