Family Displaced After Fire in Southington - NBC Connecticut

Family Displaced After Fire in Southington



    A Colon Cancer Patient Gets the Right Care at the Right Time
    Fire broke out in a second-floor bedroom at this home on Mount Vernon Road on Sunday.

    A Southington family of five is displaced tonight after a fire in a second floor bedroom.

    Fire officials say they responded to a fire at 1487 Mount Vernon Road around 9 p.m. Sunday. Upon arrival all of the occupants were already out of the house. Firefighters rescued two cats from the home.

    One firefighter was treated for a minor injury on scene. No other injuries were reported.

    Fire officials say the fire was contained to the one bedroom, but the family is being relocated for the night.