Fire Destroys West Haven Steak House - NBC Connecticut

Fire Destroys West Haven Steak House



    A fire broke out in a steakhouse on Route 1 in West Haven Wednesday morning. (Published Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013)

    A three-alarm fire destroyed Gino's Steak House at 1003 Boston Post Road in West Haven this morning.

     It took firefighters two hours to get the blaze under control and the building is a total loss, according to officials.

    Fortunately, no one was injured. Gino's was closed and in the process of undergoing renovations, people in the area said.

    The smoke billowing from the building this morning was visible from miles away. The busy Boston Post Road was closed and several area businesses were evacuated, which had a big impact.

    Three-Alarm Fire at Gino's Steak House

    [HAR] Three-Alarm Fire at Gino's Steak House
    Streets were closed in the area around a West Haven steak house after a three-alarm fire broke out.
    (Published Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013)

    "There’s been a lot of customers that have been coming in and trying to sneak through," Sammy Rivera, of West Haven, said.

    Gino's opened in May at the site of the former Chuck's steakhouse. Neighbors said the restaurant was opened for a few months and shut down.

    The company's Web site says this was the first steakhouse to offer a salad bar in the Northeast. 


    View Larger Map

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android