Montville Auto Body Shop Catches Fire - NBC Connecticut

Montville Auto Body Shop Catches Fire



    A Colon Cancer Patient Gets the Right Care at the Right Time

    An auto body shop was engulfed in flames on Wednesday in Montville, police confirm.

    Fire officials responded to a structure fire at Heiner's Auto Body on Norwich New London Turnpike.

    The son of the owner was transferring gas between a fuel cannister and a car when there was a spark, Ray Occhialini, the Fire Marshal, said. The man has burns on his face and shoulders but the injuries are not life threatening. 

    Two cars belonging to customers were in the garage when the fire broke out and are destroyed, Occhialini said. 

    There is no further information at this point.