Mosquitoes trapped in Madison and Voluntown have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis and mosquitoes in several more towns have tested positive for West Nile virus, according to the state.
The mosquito in Madison was trapped on August 8 in Cedar Swamp along Route 80.
In Voluntown, three mosquitoes trapped at Mt. Misery in Pachaug State Forest on August 13 tested positive for EEE.
It is the second time mosquitoes trapped there tested positive for the disease.
Scientists from the state Department of Agriculture Experiment Station also determined mosquitoes in these towns tested positive for West Nile virus.
Those towns are:
- Chester - Cockaponset State Forest
- East Haven - Kenneth Street
- Greenwich - Civic Center
- Groton - U.S. Naval Base
- Manchester - Oak Grove Street
- New Haven - Beaver Pond Park
- North Haven - Quinnipiac River Park
- North Stonington - Pawcatuck River
- South Windsor - Burgess Road
- Stamford - Intervale Road
- West Haven - Thill Street
- Wethersfield - Goff Road