The airfield at Bradley Airport was closed for a couple hours this afternoon and CT Transit as well as CTfastrak local and express service were suspended as of noon as snow continues to fall statewide.
Officials from Bradley Airport said the airport is open, but the airfield is closed from noon until 2 p.m.m when no flights are scheduled, for snow removal.
Earlier, they said said around 50 percent of incoming and outgoing flights were canceled as of 10:30 a.m. and they are continuing to monitor the snowstorm. Passengers who are planning on traveling from Bradley later today should confirm their flight status with the airline before leaving for the airport.
Malloy said during his 9 a.m. news conference that here is no Amtrak service along the Hartford-Springfield line at the moment,
CT TRANSIT and CTfastrak:
SERVICE BEING SUSPENDED DUE TO SNOW STORM: Due to worsening weather conditions CTtransit and CTfastrak Local and Express bus service will be suspended beginning at Noon today. We will continue to evaluate conditions, and update regarding when service will resume.
LOCAL SERVICE (Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, Stamford, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden and Wallingford)
The last outbound trips on ALL LOCAL ROUTES will depart Downtown Hartford, the New Haven Green, Waterbury Green, and the Stamford Transportation Center at 12:30 p.m.
Customers should begin making their way to Downtown Hartford, New Haven or Stamford immediately, keeping in mind that buses are running with delays due to the weather. The last trips on Crosstown Routes 91 & 92 will depart from Copaco to Buckland & Wethersfield at noon and from Executive Square to Buckland & Copaco at noon.
The 12:15 p.m. outbound trips from Hartford on Express Routes 901, 904, 905, 906, 912, 914 & 915 will depart as scheduled, after which service will be suspended.
The last trips on Route 971 (I-BUS Express) will depart Stamford at 12:30pm and White Plains at 1 p.m.
Customers in need of service on Hartford-based express routes that do not normally operate 12:15 p.m. trips should proceed downtown to Central Row no later than 12:00pm, where CTtransit field personnel will arrange emergency transportation.
The last trips on CTfastrak will depart as follows:
- Route 101 at 12:30 p.m. from Hartford to New Britain, 1:00pm from New Britain to Hartford
- Route 102 at 12:30 p.m. from Hartford to Bristol, 12:30pm from Bristol to Hartford
- Route 121 at noon from MCC to UConn, 12:00pm from UConn Health to MCC
- Route 128 at 12:30 p.m. from Hartford to New Britain, 12:30pm from New Britain to Hartford
- Route 140 at 12:30 p.m. from East Street to CCSU & return
- Route 144 at noon from Jordan Lane to Westfarms, 12:00pm from Westfarms to Wethersfield
- Route 153 at noon from Flatbush to Copaco, 12:00pm from Copaco to Flatbush
- Route 161 at 12:30 p.m. from St. Francis to Hartford Hospital, 12:30pm from CT Children’s to St. Francis
Peter Pan Bus Lines has canceled service across much of New England and parts of New York Thursday ahead of a snowstorm that could dump between 10 and 18 inches on Connecticut and even more to our north.
Peter Pan Service routes that run through New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire were all canceled ahead of the storm. Connecticut commuter services and Foxwoods casino services are among those canceled.
Services between New York City and Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Silver Spring and New Carrollton are running normally.
The following routes have been canceled for Thursday.
- Boston-New York
- New York-Boston
- Boston-Hartford via Worcester, Framingham
- Hartford-Boston via Worcester, Framingham
- Springfield-New York via Hartford, New Britain, New Haven, Bridgeport
- New York-Springfield via Hartford, New Britain, New Haven, Bridgeport,
- Hartford-New York via Danbury, Southbury, Waterbury, Farmington, New Britain, New Haven, Bridgeport
- New York-Hartford via Danbury, Southbury, Waterbury, Farmington, New Britain, New Haven, Bridgeport
- Springfield-Boston via Worcester, Framingham
- Boston-Springfield via Worcester, Framingham
- Amherst UMass-Springfield via Greenfield, Deerfield, Amherst UMass, Amherst Center, Northampton, Holyoke, South Hadley, Hampshire College
- Springfield-Amherst UMass via Greenfield, Deerfield, Amherst UMass, Amherst Center, Northampton, Holyoke, South Hadley, Hampshire College
- Springfield-Albany via Northampton, Deerfield, Greenfield, Shelburne Falls, Charlemont, North Adams, Williamstown, Troy & Albany
- Albany-Springfield via Albany, Troy, Williamstown, North Adams, Charlemont, Shelburne Falls, Greenfield, Deerfield & Northampton
- Concord, NH-Worcester via Manchester, Nashua, Lowell, Leominster
- Worcester-Concord, NH via Manchester, Nashua, Lowell, Leominster
- White River JCT, VT-New York via Bellow Falls, Keene, Brattleboro, Greenfield, Northampton, Springfield, Hartford
- New York-White River JCT via Bellow Falls, Keene, Brattleboro, Greenfield, Northampton, Springfield, Hartford
- Providence-New York
- New York-Providence
- Providence Bus Terminal (includes TF Green Arpt and Kennedy Plaza Downtown) – Boston/Boston Logan Airport
- Boston Logan Airport/Boston-Providence Bus Terminal (includes TF Green Arpt)
- Woods Hole- Boston/Boston Logan Airport via Falmouth, Buzzards Bay, Wareham, Bourne
- Boston Logan Airport/Boston-Woods Hole via Falmouth, Buzzards Bay, Wareham, Bourne
- Providence-Cape Cod (Hyannis) via Fall River, New Bedford, Bourne, Falmouth, Woods Hole, Barnstable
- Hyannis (Cape Cod)-Providence via Fall River, New Bedford, Bourne, Falmouth, Woods Hole, Barnstable
- Providence-Springfield-Albany via Springfield, Worcester, Lee Prime. Outlets, Lenox, Pittsfield
- Albany-Springfield-Providence via Springfield, Worcester, Lee Prime. Outlets, Lenox, Pittsfield
- Williamstown-New York via Pittsfield, Lenox, Lee Prime. Outlets, Stockbridge, Great Barrington, Sheffield, Canaan, Winsted, Torrington, Waterbury, Southbury
- New York-Williamstown via Pittsfield, Lenox, Lee Prime. Outlets, Stockbridge, Great Barrington, Sheffield, Canaan, Winsted, Torrington, Waterbury, Southbury
- Newport/Fall River –Boston via Middletown, Portsmouth, Fall River, Somerset Park
- Boston-Fall River/Newport via Middletown, Portsmouth, Fall River, Somerset Park
The company said that e-tickets for canceled services will be valid within three days of when service resumes. Customers can call Peter Pan at 800-343-9999 to have tickets reissued with a new itinerary for no additional cost. For more information, visit the Peter Pan website here.
Lucky Star bus service is affected. All schedules have been canceled for today and some service has been canceled for Friday, including the 2 a.m., 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Boston to New York service.