Pomperaug Regional High School students have been evacuated to the gym after a mercury spill at the Southbury school Monday morning.
A student has been transported to the hospital as a precaution after a thermometer the student brought to school broke.
Department of Energy and Environmental Protection are on scene cleaning up the mess and state police are assisting them with the hazardous material situation.
The students are being kept in the gym during the clean-up, not outside the building as initially announced.
Check back for updates.