Electrican Shocked at South Windsor Indoor Adventure Center Has Died - NBC Connecticut

Electrican Shocked at South Windsor Indoor Adventure Center Has Died

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    5 Way to Maintain Your Mobile Lifestyle . . . for Less
    NBCConnecticut.com
    Police are responding in South Windsor after receiving reports of a person wrapped in wires.

    An electrician is dead after falling and grasping onto high-voltage wires at an indoor adventure center in South Windsor on Tuesday afternoon.

    Police responded to Nomads Adventure Quest at 100 Bidwell Road, in South Windsor after receiving reports of a person “wrapped in wires” and found that the licensed electrician from Northern Lights Electric in Bolton had been injured.

    The man, who is in his 40s, was believed to be working on a platform, removing light fixtures, in the laser tag section when he fell.

    Employees thought the power was off to the fixtures and emergency responders called Eversource to make sure power was out to the building during the emergency response, police said.

    South Windsor Police, South Windsor Fire and Ambulance Service of Manchester paramedics began CPR and the victim was transported to Manchester Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

    Police have not released the man's name.

    Crews from the Occupational Safety Health Administration have been called to assist with the investigation.