Shed Struck by Lightning, Man Shocked in Shelton - NBC Connecticut

Shed Struck by Lightning, Man Shocked in Shelton



    How to Control Your Devices (So They Don't Control You)

    Lightning sparked a shed fire in Shelton as storms swept through the western part of the state Wednesday night, and a neighbor also reported being shocked, according to the fire department.

    Fire officials said a shed on High Ridge Road burst into flames after it was struck by lightning. While firefighters were on scene, they learned that a man living nearby may have been shocked while holding a metal railing on his garage.

    The shed fire is under control, and the resident is alert and conscious, fire officials said.

    EMTs responded to the scene and will take him to the hospital for an evaluation, according to the fire department.

    When storms happen, stay with NBC Connecticut anytime to be prepared

    Sign up for school closings and alerts

    Check the interactive radar

    View photos of extreme weather from 2016

    Send us weather photos

    Connect with us through social media:

    iPhone/iPad/Android App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram