Two Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - NBC Connecticut

Digging out from a major winter storm

Two Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning



    Two Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
    Two people were found dead in a car in Meriden on Sunday morning. Police said they might have died from carbon monoxide poisoning when they went to listen to music in the car.

    Two people were found dead inside a car in a back driveway on Webster Street in Meriden on Sunday morning, said police.

    Investigators said a 20-year-old man and an 18- year-old woman, neighbors from Meriden, had last been seen around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday when they went into the car to listen to music.

    Police have identified the people as Carlos Rodriguez, 20, of 11 Webster St., and Zhane Brown, 18, of 13 Webster St.

    Police responded to the Webster Street address at 11 a.m. on Sunday and said paths were shoveled, leading to the car doors, but the rest of the car was covered with snow and the windows were up.

    Police believe Rodriguez and Brown appear to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the medical examiner has not yet released an official ruling.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android