Baseball returns in April and the Hartford Yard Goats have released the schedule of promotional items the team will give away this season.
“Whalers Alumni Weekend” will take place from July 27 through July 29, when the Yard Goats host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, and the Yard Goats will be wearing to special hockey style uniforms to pay tribute to the former NHL franchise.
Many former Whalers will take part in the weekend festivities, including a luncheon, on-field pregame ceremony, hockey puck giveaway and autograph session.
The outfield video will also show many historic Whalers moments and highlights.
Yard Goats fans will enjoy fireworks after most Friday and Saturday night games. The first show will take place on Opening Night after the first Yard Goats game on Thursday, April 5.
- Thursday, April 5: Magnet Schedule
- Friday, April 6: Magnet Schedule
- Saturday, April 7: Magnet Schedule
- Sunday, April 8: Magnet Schedule
- Monday, April 9: Umbrella
- Wednesday, April 11: Baseball Cap
- Monday, April 23: Rally Towel
- Wednesday, April 25: Baseball Cap
- Thursday, May 3: Kids Replica Jersey
- Monday, May 7: Fancy Pants Goat Bobblehead
- Monday, May 14: Baseball Cap
- Thursday, May 17: Baseball Cap
- Wednesday, May 30: Chompers Piggy Bank
- Wednesday, June 13: Goat Yoga Bobblehead
- Sunday, June 17: Baseball Cap
- Monday, June 25: Puzzle
- Thursday, June 28: Whirly Birds Baseball Cap – This is “What If Night,” a fun promotion to see what it would be like if the team had a different name and the Yard Goats will play as the Hartford Whirly Birds, which was one of the finalists in the name-the-team-contest. Note: NBC Connecticut is the sponsor of this event.
- Monday, July 16: Dunkin’ Donuts Park Replica
- Sunday, July 29: Hockey Puck
- Sunday, Aug. 5: Golden Snitch Baseball
- Monday, Aug. 27: Team Card Set
- Wednesday, Aug. 29: Kids Lunch Box
The Yard Goats will also play as Los Chivos de Hartford on June 2, July 17, and Aug. 24. The name, which translates from Spanish as the Goats of Hartford, is part of Minor League Baseball’s Es Divertido Ser Un Fan campaign.
On Aug. 12, the Yard Goats will play as the Hartford Steamed Cheeseburgers and debut their specially designed uniform jerseys and hats.
The Cowboy Monkey Rodeo will visit to Hartford on Thursday, June 14 and fans will be able to watch monkeys riding on dogs after the game.
David "The Bullet" Smith will be a Human Cannonball on Thursday, July 26.
On Thursday, Aug. 23, giant inflatable characters will be at Dunkin’ Donuts Park as ZOOperstars visit Hartford.
- April 5: Opening Night Celebration
- April 8: Home Run for Autism Day
- April 22: Healthy Kids Baseball Summit
- May 5: Faith & Family Night, Boy Scout Night
- May 17: Pink in the Park
- May 18: Military Appreciation Night
- May 19: Prevention and Health Promotion, Super Hero Night
- June 1: Star Wars Night
- June 2: Video Game Night
- June 3: Dairy Day
- June 14: Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
- June 15: Girl Scout Night
- June 16: Organized Labor Night
- June 17: Father’s Day Celebration
- June 25: Power of Ability Night
- June 26: You Can Play Night
- June 28: What If Night
- July 4: Fourth of July Celebration
- July 6: Irish Night
- July 7: Christmas in July
- July 8: Chew Chew’s Birthday Party
- July 26: Princess and Pirates Night
- July 27 through 29: Whalers Alumni Weekend
- Aug. 3: Halloween Night
- Aug. 4: Cystic Fibrosis Night, Boy Scout Night
- Aug. 5: Harry Potter Night
- Aug. 11t: Home Run for Heroes
- Aug. 12: Steamed Cheeseburger Night
- Aug. 22: Eat Well Night
- Aug. 23: Strike Out Cancer Night
- Aug. 24: Roberto Clemente Night
- Aug. 25 and Aug. 26: Faith & Family Day
- Aug. 28: Power of Ability Night
- Aug. 29: Back to School Night
- Aug. 30: Fan Appreciation Night
The Yard Goats will take a serious role with Strike Out Cancer Night, Pink in the Park, You Can Play Night, and Military Appreciation Night.
The Yard Goats will also honor Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente in a celebration on Aug. 24.