Bathroom Fire Prompts Early Dismissal at Hartford Public High

Students were dismissed from Hartford Public High School shortly before 12:30 p.m. Thursday after a small fire broke out in the boys' bathroom, according to a spokesperson for the school system.

School officials said black smoke flooded the second floor, prompting evacuations around 11 a.m. when the fire was discovered.

Students and staff were safe and the fire was quickly beaten down. The Hartford Fire Department recommended early dismissal due to smoke in the building, according to the school system.

Hartford police are investigating the fire. Authorities have not released any information on the cause.

Contact Us