Bridgeport Man Killed When Ladder Touches Power Line

apple-ios10-photo-memories
Apple

A Bridgeport man died and his uncle was injured after their aluminum ladder touched an electric line while they power-washed a Milford house, police said.

Victor Larranaga-Marquez, 33, of Bridgeport, was electrocuted, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene on Tuesday night.

Gerrardo Marquez-Hernandez, 45, also of Bridgeport, was being treated in the burn unit of a local hospital for injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.

Authorities say the men were maneuvering the aluminum ladder when it touched the overhead line around 6:30 p.m. The homeowner who hired them was not home at the time of the incident.

Police and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating.
 

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us