Burst of Chemicals Sickened Swimmers at Mystic Campground

A faulty valve led to a burst of excess chemicals that sickened swimmers at an RV park in Stonington in July.

Medics rushed six children from Seaport RV Resort and Campground to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London to be treated for symptoms ranging from scratchy throats and difficulty breathing to vomiting.

The pool company that maintains the pool determined that excess chemicals trapped in a pipe were pushed into the pool when the pump system turned on. 

The system was checked in mid-July and was in working order after the incident.

Contact Us