Cat Dies in Meriden Fire

A cat died during a fire at a home in Meriden early Tuesday morning. 

Meriden Fire Chief Kenneth Morgan said the fire started around 4:30 a.m. in the back of 361 Columbus Ave., a multi-family home that was converted into a one-family home. 

Seven people live in the home and crews initially thought someone might have been trapped inside because only six people got out, but fire officials later determined the other member of the family wasn’t home when the fire started. 

No people were injured, but one of the family’s cats died from smoke inhalation, Morgan said. 

It took around half an hour for firefighters to put out the fire.

Contact Us