UConn Forward Hospitalized After Celebration

Megan Gardler suffers food poisoning after going out to dinner following win

L&FCookingClass
Getty Images

Meghan Gardler’s celebratory dinner after the Husky’s won the national title Tuesday night sent her to the hospital with food poisoning.

Gardler, a junior forward for UConn from Springfield, Pa., went out to dinner with her parents after Tuesday night’s championship game and was later hospitalized in St. Louis for food poisoning, Randy Press, the spokesperson for the UConn women's team, said.

Gardler was released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and is expected to take part in a celebration for the team Wednesday afternoon, Press said.

Contact Us