Cellphone Catches Fire in Yale-New Haven Hospital Emergency Department

A person suffered minor injuries when his cellphone caught fire in his pocket in the emergency department at Yale-New Haven Hospital Tuesday morning. 

Officials said the man was in part of the emergency department when the phone caught fire and he suffered some minor burns to his thigh. 

Medical personnel treated the man and he is fine, officials said. 

The hospital relocated a few patients from a small portion of the department for a few moments, then moved them back afterward and everything is back to normal now, hospital officials said.

Contact Us