Firefighters investigated a possible fire in an air handling unit of a business in Vernon early Sunday morning.
Crews from Ellington and Vernon were called to Spare Time on Talcottville Road around 1:45 a.m. after getting a report of a rooftop HVAC unit sparking.
When crews arrived, they said there was light smoke and glowing with a possible fire in the rooftop HVAC unit. Eversource was also called out to investigate.
The building was evacuated while personnel inspected the HVAC unit on the roof.
According to firefighters, crews on the roof were able to isolate power to the affected unit and confirmed there was no active fire.
Fire officials said the issue did not cause any significant damage or hazards.
The incident remains under investigation.